Heterophasic (Impact) Copolymer
Page path Navigation
Heterophasic (Impact) copolymer is also called block copolymer. To improve impact resistance of polypropylene, ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) is dispersed within the polymer matirx in the polymerization process. Impact copolymer exhibits good impact resistance under both ambient and low temperature. It also exhibits good long-term thermal stability (age resistance), making it ideal for applications in automotive, motorcycle and appliance.
- Good chemical resistance and good acid/alkali resistance.
- Low density and lightweight.
- Excellent low-temp impact resistance.
- Excellent long-term thermal stability.
- Good processability.
- Extrusion: Pipes (cold water pipes and sewage pipes) and sheets.
- Injection molding: Durable products, such as automotive and motorcycle parts, battery cases and appliances.
- Blow molding: Opaque bottles.