Page path Navigation
Homopolymer consists solely of propylene in the polymer chain. As a semi-crystalline polymer, homopolymer possesses good mechanical properties, including high rigidity, high tensile strength, and good thermal-deformation resistance. Its good melt flow and high crystallization temperature also help shorten the molding cycle time. Homopolymer is widely used in injection molding, yarn extrusion and other processing.
- High rigidity, high tensile strength.
- Good chemical resistance, good acid/alkali resistance.
- Low density, lightweight.
- High temperature resistance.
- Good processability.
- Good electrical insulation property.
- Extrusion: Pipes and sheets.
- Injection molding: Containers and accessories, such as food containers, household goods, and outer casing of appliances.
- Thermoforming: Disposable tablewares, such as meal boxes, bowls, plates and cups.
- Film: Homopolymer films, such as blown film, cast film, and biaxial-oriented film (BOPP), are clear glossy and essentially impervious to vapor penetration.
- Yarn extrusion: Low melt flow PP can be used in the production of flat yarn and high melt flow PP can be used in the production of multifilament yarn and non-woven fabric.