Page path Navigation
Random copolymer exhibits improved transparency and softer touch owing to its lower crystallinity. In comparison with homopolymer, the lower melting point and crystallization temperature of random copolymer also make its processing easier. Through proper surface treatment, random copolymer can achieve good printability. Its good transparency also increases the aesthetics of final products. Hence random copolymers are commonly used in food packaging and housewares products.
- Excellent chemical resistance and acid/alkali resistance.
- Low density, light weight.
- Good extensibility and good flexibility.
- Superior transparency.
- Lower processing temperature for energy saving.
- Extrusion: Pipes (cold and hot water pipes) and sheets.
- Injection molding: Extensively used in clear containers and parts, such as food container, DVD case, appliances and cosmetic jar.
- Film: Random copolymer films, including blown film and stretch film, have better transparency and gloss.
- Blow molding: Because of its good stretchability and transparency, random copolymer is commonly used in blow molding process to produce, for example, baby bottles and sports bottles.
- FDA, RoHS